1K views

Update by user Apr 08, 2013

Update, yes after over 2 months of additional hassle I did receive a call from Brian left on my cell phone leaving a phone number to call. I did follow up by calling that number and was directed to their warrenty department.

According to Hansons, once they sign off on a job and issues fall under that department. We had to have them come out twice to fix the gutters since they didn't do it correctly the first time.

I agree, I can't believe that they would be so off on their quotes. Brian personally never apologize to me in verbal or written form.

Original review posted by user Sep 14, 2012

Pasted below is a letter I personally sent to Brian President at Hanson's. I just now found this sight, and wish I knew of these complaints sooner before I had to deal with this company. May my experience save someone else from the hassles and stress from this company:

Dear Brian,

I like to reach out to you regarding our Siding and Gutter installation that recently happened at my primary residence. First off, I'm not the kind of person who judges a business by their mistakes, I do judge a business by how often problems occur and how they are handled. I know your company advertises complete satisfaction or money back guaranteed and claim you have a High referral rate. I have never received a referral from anyone I know in Michigan for your company and based upon the experience I have had with your company I would not be doing referrals myself.

By now your probably asking what possibly went wrong to receive this email. My first issue is with your sales department. I have had three sales representatives from your company visit my house. The first visit by a young man name Ryan who originally sold us on going with your company but he didn't follow through when we requested financing options. Over the course of 9 months we received calls from various hanson employees asking where we are at with the project in which we stated we were looking for you to get back with us with financing options and were told they get back to us.

Fast forward 9 months later to now...Salesman number 2, (I'm sorry I don't have his name) only that he was almost gleeful in telling us that the ball was dropped because salesman #1 was lazy and Hanson fired him. Saleman #2 was here to save the day. He asked for our original quote around 9k then proceeded to tell us that the quote was no longer valid and the final cost would be over 20k. How can the same quote almost double within 9 month period. Sales #2 response "Petrolum, don't you know our product is made with it and the price of gas as gone up?" He also claimed that the price we were quoted was really low and that Salesman #1 must have not measured correctly. He was going to do a proper measurement. The funny thing was, we had the orignal measurement and when comparing the measurements he took they were exactly the same. (Way to throw your former employees under the bus) Clearly I would have thought this would have cleared up some confusion and he would be able to provide me a more accurate quote. I requested he contact whoever he could to come back with a more competitive quote in which he said he would but keep hammering away that he felt his 20k quote was reasonable/fair price. Simply put, I told him if that was his final answer I would not be using Hanson. I had to repeat that three times at my kitchen table and finally raise my voice so that he would finally get the hint that if he had nothing tangible to offer that I am not interested. He then accused me of being hostile towards him. At which point I showed him out of the door. If this is how he was going to treat potential clients, I was not interested in doing business with a company that trained it's employees that way.

A couple of days later another Hanson employee called and asked what our decision was and I explained the inability to come to terms with said gentleman and they sent out Salesman #3 Gary. Gary had apologize on behalf of hanson's and offered a more competitive rate but not what we were quote on the original estimate. I did end up agreeing to the small increase in pricing, but my main concern was with your product and more importantly your service. The problems before Gary came were and still are big concern. Gary promised me "No Problems, Customer Satisifaction guarenteed"

I'm here to tell you that wasn't the case. After we signed the contract, it took several weeks before we had anyone contact us on the progress of our project. I had to call your office to find out that everything was approved. Finally we recieve a installation date for our siding and held our breath hoping all will go well. With great surprise we had a wonderful contractor put up our siding and a first class project manager out of your cooperate office handle the communciation while the siding was being installed. She was prompt in calling before, during and after the install. We were very impressed with her. Now on the flip side we were transferred to a different project Manager for our gutters. It took almost a month to get our gutters put up on our newly sided home and only because we called an inquired on the installation. We recieved a call 3x from Project Cordinator Cia. Once to tell us the date of the install that never happened the date she originally schedule it for. We never received follow up from Cia during or after the project. In fact we had to call to ask when we were getting our gutters installed. That is when they found out a gliche in your system that said our job was completed. "Great, did you put my gutters on someone else's house because I'm looking at the house and there are no gutters" She later informed me that indeed there was a mix up with someone else job that day. Which brings me to this observation. Why would you require us to sign off on the siding but not the gutters to confirm a job was completed? Cia did call us 2x on the day we actually did get our gutters installed but never provided a follow up call after the job was completed to ensure the job was done correctly. In fact, it's still not completed correctly. Today I had to place another call out of my busy day to inform your Lansing office that I paid for an additional gutter spout that was never installed on my house. I spoke with Sam who told me he will try to figure out a time that he can get a contractor from your Vice President's company Gutter Grades of America to come out whenever they can fit that into their schedule. That in my opinion is unacceptable. I try to be a patient and tolerable person, but clearly now dealing with you as a company has caused nothing but stress and anxiety the last few months. Do you stand by your motto of Customer Satisfication or is that just lip service to get the sale. We work very hard and when we spend 10,000 dollars which is a very large investment in our home and get treated in the way we have it certainly does not make us happy. I am not asking for a refund, but I am asking for a quicker response to my problem. There was much much more that went on that I didn't have enough time or energy to put in this email. I certainly hope you put yourself in my shoes to see my point of view and find a way to resolve this. Still waiting for an answer....

Product or Service Mentioned: Hansen Siding And Windows Estimate.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 14, 2012.

Comments

Hazel Park, Michigan, United States #613360

As someone who worked there, 1st off their quotes are supposed to be good for a year. I'm just wondering if Brian ever responded to you at all...